Early Years SEND Advisory Team
EARLY YEARS SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS AND DISABILITY ADVISORY TEAM
Our role is to support children under 5 who live in Barnet who are likely to have Special Educational Needs (SEN). We support children at home and in their early years settings until they start at a maintained school setting. We fulfil the statutory role of the Area SENCo.
Our role includes supporting Barnet’s private, voluntary and independent (PVI) early years settings (who take Government funding) and Child-minding Quality and Support Officers who support all child minding settings. The Team work to promote inclusive learning environments and to support, up skill and empower Early Years Setting SENCOs to carry out their role and duties.
Barnet Early Years SEND Advisory Team Intervention Pathways
- Our Universal Pathway to Barnet early years settings consists of inclusion advice such as identification of needs, training and general inclusion strategies.
- Our Targeted Pathway is primarily delivered through the child’s early years setting. This may include observations, modelling of supporting strategies and supporting the Assess Plan Do Review process.
- Our Specialist Pathway is for children who are likely to have significant or complex developmental needs. This offer includes parent /carer Workshops, home and setting support
- Families and settings are offered a wide range of workshops and training to support their child’s development and to access advice and support from other local agencies.
- *The team does not support children who are already in maintained school nurseries on Fee 3 or specialist settings.
- Referral Criteria for Targeted Pathway. Attendance at a Barnet PVI Early Years Setting, regardless of borough of residence
- Referral Criteria for Specialist Pathway. Referrals for Specialist Pathway of support are made through Barnet’s weekly multi-agency referral meeting
We aim to work together with parents, carers and early years settings, to help children make developmental progress.
Please click on the appropriate buttons below to take you to the relevant part of our website